• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Corsair memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Has anyone had any luck finding a reseller selling these TwinX kits?

Wangster said:
Corsair's got some new memory with lower latency then their XMS series.

Any thoughts? Are they worth it?

http://www.corsairmicro.com/main/PR_lowlatency.html

Those specs are awesome. I can say that within a few weeks, these forums will be flooded with this type of memory from those insane specs.

1T at 400MHz while garanteeing 2-2-2 so far has never been done OFFICIALLY.

I bet at relaxed settings, 500MHz is no sweat haha.

OC-Master

Wow, can't wait to see how much these things are going to be.

I thought the Nforce2 chipset MBs had locks instead of dividers.

NyTe said:
too bad NO motherboard out right now on the AMD side can even test this out...you can't push it too far before your HDDs start to error out...WHERE ARE THE /6 DIVIDERS????
nForce2 mobos have PCI locks, they always stay at 33Mhz no matter the FSB...

ARRRRRGGHH!!!!!

THIS IS FREAKING BS!!!

THEY COME WITH BETTER MEMORY NOW THAT I JUST BOUGHT THE OLD PC3200 HIGH LATENCY ACS 2 ONE sh*T!!! If i only could take advantage of price drops, ohh well, gripes and moans will be flodded too hehehe

Looks pretty cool. It would be nice if Corsair could show some benchmarks and comparisons with the regular XMS memory. I guess we'll have to wait until someone buys some.

baraka said:
Looks pretty cool. It would be nice if Corsair could show some benchmarks and comparisons with the regular XMS memory. I guess we'll have to wait until someone buys some.

Should be around 5% in memory benches. Doesnt seem like much but remember every bit helps.

OC-Master

Guys, Id bet my left nut that this is the same memory, just rebadged... If you note, there is NO 3500LL. My take is this, they took 3500 C2 which is rated at 217 7-3-3-2 and called it 3200 running at 3200 6-2-2-2 no big deal here. I'm sure the 'old' 3200 has now become the 2700LL. The big joke is the TWINX for NF2 mobos, all they've done here is test 2 sticks together and reprogramed the 'stock' (SPD) settings. This is all marketing ploy. The difference is if you do get a new stick that does NOT run as advertised, you can RMA it, that's the only good thing here. FWIW, Corsair uses Winbond 5ns and 6ns chips. I have some Twinmos with Winbond 5ns chips running at 4-2-2-2 in my NF2 board at 200FSB sync. Don't get all in a twist with this 'new' memory. It's just tested to different specs but I assure you it is the same stuff.

OC-Master said:

Should be around 5% in memory benches. Doesnt seem like much but remember every bit helps.
OC-Master
I guess the question then is how much of a premium will we have to pay over the regular XMS. Any idea about the retail price for this?

nikhsub1 said:
Guys, Id bet my left nut that this is the same memory, just rebadged... If you note, there is NO 3500LL. My take is this, they took 3500 C2 which is rated at 217 7-3-3-2 and called it 3200 running at 3200 6-2-2-2 no big deal here. I'm sure the 'old' 3200 has now become the 2700LL. The big joke is the TWINX for NF2 mobos, all they've done here is test 2 sticks together and reprogramed the 'stock' (SPD) settings. This is all marketing ploy. The difference is if you do get a new stick that does NOT run as advertised, you can RMA it, that's the only good thing here. FWIW, Corsair uses Winbond 5ns and 6ns chips. I have some Twinmos with Winbond 5ns chips running at 4-2-2-2 in my NF2 board at 200FSB sync. Don't get all in a twist with this 'new' memory. It's just tested to different specs but I assure you it is the same stuff.
That makes sense. Isn't the 3200XMS memory just 27OO that's been validated at 200MHz?

But I guess the whole point of it is that it eliminates the uncertainty of how much it will overclock. It would be like Intel selling a 3.06GHz processor validated to work at 3.4GHz.

i already have my xms 512mb 2700 ddr running at 2-2-2-5-t1-0, but i have to run it at 2.85 volts to keep it stable. i wonder if it will run at the 2-2-2-5-t1-0 speed at the normal 2.5 volts? that would be nice if it did. that way it would have a normal life span.
:)

nikhsub1 said:

That is exactly how I saw the PC3000 C2 and PC3200 CAS2.5.

baraka said:

I guess the question then is how much of a premium will we have to pay over the regular XMS. Any idea about the retail price for this?
Its 217 w/o shipping and $225.00 w/sh at Pricewatch for 512mb stick. All you have to do is put in this search CMX512-3200LL or CMX256-3200LL and it comes up, LL is Low Latency. Its about 50 dollars more than reg CMX512-3200C2 Corsair memory and 25 more than CMX512-3500C2 from Corsair, depending on vendor. Is it worth the extra cash, is yet to be decided and thats a big premium to me.

Hmmmmm...
I do not think the new memories and 3500C2s are same..
Well.. the chips maybe same...
However, the quality of each chip is differ...

I Have Corsair 512MB 3500C2 memory, and I doen't run @ 200MHz 2-2-2-6 at 2.5 or 2.55V... I need to raise voltage to do that... actually, it's hard even at higher voltage.

However, new 3200LL chip is working at that memory timing...

Corsair said, they hand picked memory chip..
That means, even though original memories rated same, indivisual chips are differ... Some work at higher clock, some work at lower laterncy...

So, 3500C2 and 3200LL are different... I think... Well... They could be same chip... but different....

Back