• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron PX845PE PRO II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

misterman87

Hi guys just ordered a PX845PE PRO II motherboard i hope i have better luck with this board and everything goes well i will let you guys know how i make out when i get it hopefully i can get it to run at 2.66 turbo mode with my corsair pc3500 cl2 memory with my 2.66b cpu at 160 fsb or better thanks guys does any body else have this same board maybe you can give me some inside info on it thanks again

Last edited:
I've got the board. It's great! Unfortunately (for now) I've got an old P4 1.8 and can't get much past 2.0.
I was however really excited about setting up a raid array (this was one of the board's selling points (for me). When I got it, I found that the board uses the Promise Fasttrack 376 Raid controller which supports only one parallel drive in conjunction with a SATA drive (or two SATA drives). Unfortunately I don't yet have a SATA drive (I don't think that many do as of yet), and I'd rather spend the money on a new chip one day. I think that I will try a $20 to $30 converter though and see what happens.

I have a PX845PE PRO II "Silver Ed". I LOVE IT!!! I have a P4 2.4B o/c to 3.04G (169x18 @ 1.7Vcore) using a Swiftech MCX4000B.... ROCK STABLE !! Also, I have my Corsair PC3200 XMS o/c to 422 (169x2.5 @2.7Vddr).

Everything runs well. I was playing with 3.06G (170x18) and 3.07G (171x18) but couldn't get my system stable. I had Vcore upto 1.75V; I didn't really feel comfortable with anything higher than that.

I think you should be able to get FSB up to at least 160.

One thing that I wish this board had is one more parallel connect on the RAID controller....oh well have to wait for SATA Drives to come out and down in price.

Good luck!!

TERIM:)

Hi Guys

Well i just got my albatron px845pe pro II today and i put it in and running good so far anyway that problem that everybody said about the LED connectors they are right i had to take the wires out of the connector so i can make it work so i'm going to run the board and see how it works out will let you guys know anyway do any of you guys know how to disable that thing that comes up after the bios bootup screen that says something about the boot up or something that you have to press CLR-S so if any of you guys can help me with that i would be very happy other than that running pretty good Thank you

how to disable that thing that comes up after the bios bootup screen that says something about the boot up or something that you have to press CLR-S

What you are referring to is the Intel Boot Agent. As far as I can tell, (I don't really understand it myself) this allows your computer to log on to a network (if it is set up) prior to loading the operating system. There is an option to disable the display (available after you hit ctrl-s), which I would imagine does just that and doesn't necessarilly disable it. There is also another option to change the delay time from the 5 seconds which it normally waits for you to hit ctrl-s to 0 if you so choose. There is likely a means of disabling completely, but I am unaware of it. If all you want to do is speed up your posting process I would just try those two things. Shouldn't make any real difference anyways.

Hi again

Yes thats what I'm talking about the intel boot agent would like to disable it if i can and by the way how do you like this motherboard also i'm using the maximum memory timing do you think it will screw up its turbo 2.66 ratio at 2-2-2-5 @ 160 fsb also i just got this board yesterday it runs ok so far or will it screw up later i'm using corsair xms pc3500 cl2 512 by the way thanks for the quick reply thanks again

I also have the Pro II S and its been great! :)
Running 2.66@3GHz - 150FSB

Im glad I got rid of the P4PE to get this mobo...
Also glad to finally find a bulletin board that has people who have Albatron boards rather that just people asking about them.

One question, whats the warm boot problem?

Cheers,
-2hotP3s

...my first post on this forum :D

Edit: I also made a Albatron background. If anyone is interested PM me :cool:

2hotP3s said:
I also have the Pro II S and its been great! :)
Running 2.66@3GHz - 150FSB

Im glad I got rid of the P4PE to get this mobo...
Also glad to finally find a bulletin board that has people who have Albatron boards rather that just people asking about them.

One question, whats the warm boot problem?

Cheers,
-2hotP3s

...my first post on this forum :D

Edit: I also made a Albatron background. If anyone is interested PM me :cool:

For me at least, the warm boot seems to be that silly BIOS corrupt screen as said before that comes up only when you boot warm.
Not sure why it does that since the bios is ok in reality

Hi guys, well i don't have that warm boot problem. But if your memory setting are to aggressive you will have some problems. Other then that this board is pretty stable, to bad it's not as fast as the P4PE board. Also i don't use the raid controller on this board yet.I see the tempeture readings are pretty low in the bios wonder if they are right.I can't get my PIV 2.66B any higher then 3.2 i think it's the cpu not the board.It's still a pretty good board and overclocks well so good luck to all.:) :) :)

Before returning my P4PE, I benchmarked it to compare with the Pro II S. Using Sandra 2003, I found that the Asus was about 80 points faster in CPU but slower in memory when overclocked at 150FSB, The Asus was faster at 133 because it was still overclocked at 135FSB with all default settings. The albatron's clock was spot on at 133. I wasnt able to complete SuperPI 32MB calculation in the ASUS but was able to with the Albatron. When I get home, I will edit this post to show the results of my tests.
-2hot

Edit: Here are my results...
(Averaged from 3 test runs)

WinXP 2.66@3GHz - 150FSB Corsair PC2700 @400 2-3-3-7

.........................ASUS P4PE..........Albatron PX845PE Pro II S
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sandra 2003...........................................................................
.....CPU Arith..........7832..................7762...............................
.............................1725/3938.........1727/3925......................
.....CPU MMedia.....11902................11904.............................
.............................15070................15151.............................
.....Memory............2955..................2970...............................
.............................2959..................2968...............................
PCMark 2002.........................................................................
.....CPU.................7371..................7372...............................
.....Memory...........7118..................7310...............................

The Albatron was slower in Sandra CPU Arith only, but faster in the rest of the benchmarks.
:cool:

Last edited:
Getting my water stuff tomorrow at the earliest, but friday is more probable.
Really geting itchy fingers here :cool:

Other then that this board is pretty stable, to bad it's not as fast as the P4PE board.
What do you mean?
This is the P4PE board, isn't it.

Aside from the addition of the SATA RAID, and the silver board colour I mean.

The only difference about the P4PE and the PX845PE Pro II is: ASUS has firewire Albatron does not
Broadcom gigabit LAN vs. Intel 10/100 Pro VE
Soundmax on P4PE vs. Realtek on the Albatron

There ae other minor details, but these are the main ones.

Hope this helps,
-2hot

I just got my PEProIIS today.

Running 2.53B at 3,040 (160FSB) at 1.625V in bios, actual is lower I believe.

512MB Corsair XMS3500C2

Sandra memory scores 3250/3260 which is unoverclocked GB territory.

3DMark2001SE scores 14,760 using a TI4600 clocked 311/680.

I have been looping 3dmark2001SE benchmark for the last 3 hrs. So far looks good real good.

I have 1 more 2.53 to test, then I have a 2.26b to test with the 3.06 capacitor arrangement.

Got my 845PE Pro II S for some time now and i love it, too! :D

There's only one thing i don't like:
Why can't it read out the vmem and vdd values?
The onboard Winbond Smart I/O W83627HF chip should be capable of doing so...

SATA Raid Using Converter

I did it!!!!!!!!!

I finally broke down and got myself a SATA converter so that I might make use of the onboard RAID...and...after some troubles...it worked!

I have almost doubled my read speeds, and I am using completely mismatched drives (1 Maxtor 40gig & 1 WD 80gig). So far so good.

One thing which might save some troubles for others, if you do decide to use a SATA converter, be certain to change the pin setting on the drive from Cable Select (CS) to Master (M). The interesting thing (and that which caused the most difficulty) is that the other drive is connected to the parallel connector and although it too must act as a master, the pin only seems to work in CS!?!? Oh well! It works!

MUHAHAHAHAHHA!

Last edited:
Back