• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KD7 and RAM speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheesy Peas

Is there anyway of getting my ram to run at the same speed as the fsb, like a 1:1 option or is it called sync?

Ive looked throught the bios (standard one b8 i think) and i cant find anything, ive seen people do it with the KD7(i think HOOT wrote a thread on it somewhere) but i cant find the right option.

do i need to upgrade to a newer bios to do so?

thanx

I have a KD7-RAID board. I can't remember the name of the section you click on to get to RAM settings. It's either advanced chipsets settings or the one below it. Inside there the first link is the RAM section I believe. At least in my BIOS it shows the FSB speed then I believe the RAM speed. I think you have to change the RAM to manual and then you can adjust it from 100, 133, 166, 200 FSB I believe. I thought I'd read though that if your FSB is at 148 or higher, then no matter what setting you set for RAM speed it will still run at the same speed as the FSB.

thanx mike, i think i get it now, if i set it as 133 then when im using the 4/ devidor then the ram runs at the speed of the fsb.

Cheers.

Back