• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running RAM at 2.7 Volts OK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

Well, in the bios it said, 2.5 V, then I could add so many volts, so I just added .10 V. So it told me my RAM was running at 2.6 V. But MBM5 shows it as 2.7 V. Anyway, is this voltage safe withought any cooling on my RAM other than case airflow?

I want to raise the voltage so it'll be more stable.

you could probably go as high as 2.8v, just keep an eye on temps and look for problems(usually with memory problems you will get BSD), most manufactures warranties are voided after 2.8v.

In my opinion, going up to 2.8 is fine as long as you have a good amount of airflow. If you have something like Crucial or Micron chips, 3v is also considered fine.

Yodums

since you have kingston, i wouldnt go ANY higher than 2.7 or 2.8, mine hated 2.8v but it was pc2100 running at 170fsb...soo that could have played a role...2.8 is the highest id recommend though

I have my Crucial PC2100 running at 2.9v and it isn't even hot to the touch nor does it ever give me problems.

note that corsair (very good reliable brand). gives lifetime warrenty on their ram at 2.8v as does OCZ/GEIL (not good/reliable SOME times)

ive been running my xtreme DDR pc3200 sticks at 2.9V for 6-7 months now without a hitch. and ram cools well with just a little airflow in your case.

Back