• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd motherboard behaviour

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coin

Bit of an odd one this, I've never seen it before. When I try to power on my motherboard it comes on and then after a couple of seconds it switches off again. I have tried this with all, some or no components installed - same behaviour in all cases. I tried with a different board to make sure the power supply was ok and it powered up fine. It's not shorting on the case as I have tried powering up without the board being in the case. The board doesnt even seem to start its post checks as I get no error beeps. Any fans or drives installed will spin up. I even tried clearing the BIOS to no avail.

I have a feeling that the M/Board is screwed but I'm hoping its something I've missed :rolleyes:

I'd clear the CMOS, double check your RAM and CPU seating, and make sure your PSU leads are firmly attached. But if all that is good, you probably got a bad board.

Can you give us your system specs?

BHD

Back