• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help..Crash on start, then Reboot???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2ntense

When I turn the computer on and windows is about to show the welcome screen the computer instantly restarts itself then works fine. Actually almost fine.

After awhile (this seems to be random) the computer just decides to shut itself down and restart again. I did a clean install after putting up with this for a few days thinking I could just fix the problem this way (wrong :( ). So it seems to be a hardware issue.

I keep thinking I may have a bad Power Supply for some reason. Just really woundering if anyone has had this problem before. And if so, what did you do to fix it. Also, I have never had any issues with this setup except for the system locking with the FIX feature enabled. But that was a BIOS issue.

Thanks

I had that problem once. Changed the power cord and that fixed it. Don't know if thats the prob but worth a try.

My computer is doing the same thing right now! I have been reading that it maybe the caps around the cpu slot on our mainboards. This place has some info on it http://home.att.net/~garyheadlee/index.html

I thought I had some sort of extra crappy virus?
The power supply crossed my mind(maybe it drops voltage in one of the lines for a split second?), then I was suspecting the hard drive, and I have tryed alot of different things out in hope that I would fix it.
I think now that the mainboard has had its day(already!) when this happens, I dont know for sure but if its the case then im gonna miss my BX133, what a waste. Im gonna test out a different mainboard soon to see.

The worse is yet to come if it already hasnt happened to you yet. Your hard drive boot system files will scrammable and then you be having a mission trying to get it to work again. 3rd time for me in just a few days. argggghhhh.

mircofire said:
My computer is doing the same thing right now! I have been reading that it maybe the caps around the cpu slot on our mainboards. This place has some info on it http://home.att.net/~garyheadlee/index.html

I thought I had some sort of extra crappy virus?
The power supply crossed my mind(maybe it drops voltage in one of the lines for a split second?), then I was suspecting the hard drive, and I have tryed alot of different things out in hope that I would fix it.
I think now that the mainboard has had its day(already!) when this happens, I dont know for sure but if its the case then im gonna miss my BX133, what a waste. Im gonna test out a different mainboard soon to see.

The worse is yet to come if it already hasnt happened to you yet. Your hard drive boot system files will scrammable and then you be having a mission trying to get it to work again. 3rd time for me in just a few days. argggghhhh.

I think it might be time to upgrade. I have no patience when it comes to this stuff. If I can't figure it out soon I will be getting a Granite Bay board to start. Hope it doesn't come to that though, I will mis my TH7-II :(

Back