• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BD7II - Stuck at 133ish FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mnsfollett

All-

First off thanks to all of you for excellent contributions to this website. I have learned and am still learning much about the ways of the overclock. Second, I have a problem with my results on the BD7II.

Here is my setup:

Abit BD7II
Intel 1.8a
512 mb pc2700 Kingston Valueram (Samsung chips)
Gainward Geforce 3 ti200 (surprisingly nice card)

Current Bois Settings: (CQ version from abit)
3:4
37 fixed-tried the others too
low strap
+15% voltage
2.7 v dram

I am running the FSB at 133 yeilding about 2.4ghz, which is good enough for the ID.....but the superego wants to go higher, yet alas, when I set anything above 136 fsb no boot and alarms go a blarring!
I have tried many things to get this higher, including searching this forum, but I can't find the secret. This should be capable of 150+ shouldn't it? You see I am Oh so close to 10000 in 3DMark (9956) and I feel my system is about as useful as tits on a boar hog if I can't get the fsb higher.....must....have....10000!

Input would be appreciated.

Perhaps I have reached the chip's limit. A question about that though. I neglected to mention this in the previous post. If I set the ratio to 1:1, I can get the system to post with higher FSB speeds. However, I can't get windows to boot, I get a message that there is some system config error. But mabey that is another issue.

That sounds like your memory is holding you back.
I am not entirely sure, but maybe getting some high quality pc 3200 ram may help.
I think increasing voltage to the memory is supposed to help, but i'd seriously recommend waiting from some advice from one of the experts here.

I am afraid you might be right about Ram limitation. This may sound crazy, but I thought I was getting high quality ram when I went with the Kingston. Hopefully one of the gurus can shed some light.

You do not share what your ram timings are. I, also thinnk that it is your ram that is holding you back. My second box is a BD7-II with a 1.8a, but with Corsair XMS 3200, cas 2.5. I can get to 145 fsb with the 1.8a and 3:4, which is only 192 for the ram. I still cannot run the most aggressive timings. Try relaxing every setting one step and stay at 1:1. If it boots, try 3:4. If that works then start upping the timings on at a time until you find the sweet spot. I have found that the second timing group (i.e. the 5 or 6 setting) is the one I have to leave at 6. I can max out the others and things work.

oh, btw i also hada stick of kingston valueram, and i ran it on my bd7II at 140Mhz at 2.5v, so it may not necesarily be the ram.

Back