• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Difficulty mounting waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

undertow

Registered
Well, I got it mounted.. the problem lies in the nylon screws which protrude longer than the motherboard mounting nubs.. I've tried to cut down the screws as much as I can, but it's apparently not enough. Is there any tricks to getting around this? I'm not about to cut holes all over my case.

Case: Thermaltake Xaser II A5000A
Waterblock: Danger Den Maze2-2

Any help would be appreciated. :)

put the head of the screws on the back of the motherboard and have all the excess sticking up above the waterblock.

NeoMoses said:
put the head of the screws on the back of the motherboard and have all the excess sticking up above the waterblock.

That won't work with the Maze2-2, the screws actually screw INTO the coldplate.

Here is a link..

The problem is with the screws on the underside of the motherboard being to long for you to mount it to the mobo tray? If thats the case and you have a removable tray, why not just drill 4 large holes where the screws would be hitting the tray (make sure to clean the tray very well afterwards!)? Note that I said removable mobo- You DO NOT want metal bits in your case. If your mobo isn't removable, you could still do it, but you should take everything out of the case and then clean the whole case afterwards.

OK, my bad. Looking at DDs site, it shows a large cutout behind the socket area. I'm guessing you should either drill holes or cut out that area, your choice. Like JML said, make sure you clean everything out extremely well afterwards. You don't want metal shorting out your mobo, now do you?

i think frodo messed up.. ..haha its ok frodo...

uhh yah i would say bust out the ol moddin drill and get to work. u may be able to thread the pins depending on their material it looked like pvc in the pic i wouldnt thread that. but if they are metal just thread them put nuts on and chop off the ends..

Back