• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micro ATX for a Celeron W/AGP slot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIG-O-2

I am working on a MP3 box for my TV/Stereo room.

I need a Socket 370 MicroATX for Celeron

1) RCA video out on the mobo if possible. (I have a AGP card with RCA out)
2) Sdram memory PC100/PC133.
3) ATA100 a plus but not needed.
4) Lan on the mobo if possible.
5) Sound on mobo if possible.

(I will only be running a DVD,Floppy,1 or 2 HD)

I have looked for these thing on the web and in stores.

It would seem there are alot to choose from, I need stability and low cost. I will overclock if I can, but I will let it be if the stability is lacking.

Any help in finding this would be great.

Thanks,

I've been looking for a similar board too- I found this one on a UK website (great for me- being from UK and all :D )..

It's an AOpen board... I think the model No is "MX36LE-U"
Here's the blurb from the site
The MX36LE-U is Intel Socket 370 motherboard based on microATX form factor featuring the VIA Apollo PLE133T chipset. With high performance chipset built in the motherboard, the MX36LE-U can support Intel Socket 370 Pentium III / Celeron processors and 66/100/133 MHz Front Side Bus (FSB) clock. According to different customer's requirements, 32, 64 128, 256, and 512MB SDRAM DIMM modules can be applied to the motherboard and the maximum memory size can be up to 1.0GB. The onboard IDE controller supports Ultra DMA 33/66/100 mode and the transfer rate up to 100MB/s. Further flexibility can be achieved by taking advantage of the Communication and Network Riser (CNR) card that allows audio and modem configuration on a single baseboard design. Besides, the MX36LE-U has an AC97 CODEC chipset onboard, providing high performance and magic surround stereo sound to let people enjoy working with it. It also features 4 USB ports and onboard VGA engine that supports 4X AGP. Now, enjoy all features from AOpen MX36LE-U motherboard.
But if you want the real figures....
Audio Output Sound card - VIA VT82C686B - stereo
Chipset Type VIA Apollo PLE133T
Dimensions (WxDxH) 24.4 cm x 21.8 cm
Form Factor Desktop / deskside - micro ATX
Max Bus Speed 133 MHz
Processor 0 ( 1 ) - Celeron, Pentium III, Cyrix III
Product Description AOpen MX36LE-U - mainboard - micro ATX - PLE133T
RAM: 0 MB (installed) / 1 GB (max)
Storage Controller: IDE / EIDE ( DMA/ATA-100 (Ultra) ) - integrated
Supported RAM Integrity Check: ECC
Supported RAM Technology: SDRAM
Video Output: Graphics card - AGP 4x - VIA Apollo PLE133T
Audio Output: Sound card integrated
Compliant Standards: AC '97
Signal Processor / Chipset Vendor: VIA VT82C686B
Sound Output Mode: Stereo
BIOS Features: ACPI support, DMI support, flash virus protection, power failure recovery (AC loss resume), Multilingual BIOS, JumperFree
Hardware Monitoring: CPU core temperature, CPU fan tachometer, system voltage, CPU core voltage
Manual Settings: CPU frequency, processor core voltage, FSB ratio (CPU:pCI)
Sleep / Wake Up Keyboard wake up, wake on modem (WOM), RTC (real-time clock) wake up, suspend to RAM (STR), wake on LAN (WOL), suspend to disc, mouse wake up
BIOS Type: Award
Compatible Processors: Celeron, Pentium III, Cyrix III
Depth: 21.8 cm
Width: 24.4 cm
Form Factor: Desktop / deskside micro ATX
RAM Installed: ( Max ) 0 MB / 1 GB (max)
Supported RAM Speed: PC133
Compliant Standards: Plug and Play, ACPI, EPA Energy Star
Processors Installed: ( Max ) 0 ( 1 )
Controller Interface Type: DMA/ATA-100 (Ultra)
Storage Controller: IDE / EIDE - integrated - PCI
Video Memory: Shared Video Memory (UMA)
Video Output: Graphics card - AGP 4x - VIA Apollo PLE133T integrated

If the techno-babble is to be believed, then this board is severly overclockable (which is a bonus).

If you get it before I do- let me know how it goes :)

Last edited:
I haven't seen that one yet, I you do get it let me know. I would be interested in the outcome of that board.

Thanks,

DFI has a very nice micro i815 board with all the features you desire. Don't use Via unless speed and stability are not concerns.

http://sj.dfi.com.tw/product/images/CS35-TLb.jpg

The CS35 is the 815e version (integrated video as well as AGP slot) while the CS32 series is 815ep (no integrated video).

Back