• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help filling Swifty H2O-8500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fwankie

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Swiftech H20-8500, based on Joe's review, and I'm having trouble filling the system. I routed all my cables, installed everything correctly as in the instructions, and even got water flow going (water coming from inlet tube (bottled water with coolant), going though system, exiting out of outlet tube).

I have gotten to the point where I need to open the main valve, and close it a few times to flush all the air out. Problem is, when I do that, the flow seems to stop. I know it's supposed to stop going into the bottle (outlet tube) when the main valve is on, but when I turn the valve off again, the flow has stopped.

I'm certain there is no flow (valve on or off), because I'm getting air bubbles forming inside the tubes. I'm guessing too much air is still trapped in the main valve, but I've done everything short of shaking the heck out of it to get rid of the air. Any advice or suggestions would be useful.

You'll have better results posting this in the water cooling section.

I'd try and answer your question but I've never used that kit. :(

You could be correct in assuming that, and I'm just not smart enough to know the answer (which is most likely ;) )

I'll post some pics soon.

I guess one question I should ask is if I open the main valve (thus flushing the water out of the fill/bleed T-kit), then close it again, is there supposed to be water flowing back into my reservoir/bottle?

Have you tried tilting the setup slightly in order to keep the water flowing. I do not have the setup that you are talking about but I had a few problems bleeding my tubes also and what I had to do was to tilt my setup a bit to get the water flowing when there was still too much air in the system. Another thing you can do is not use the valves at all and just pinch off the lines with your fingers. With the right amount of pressure you apply you can bleed the air and still keep the water running. Good luck.

Thanks rivercom!

http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/fwankie/h20.shtml

In anycase, here are the images...

valves.jpg

That's how the valves are supposed to be set during the fill process.

cpu.jpg

The routing to my CPU.

vid.jpg

The routing to my video.

outlet.jpg

The routing back to the bleed outlet.

Are the bubbles themselves moving when you open the valve ??

Are they being continuously replaced by more bubbles ??

ANother option would be to try and fill it as much as humanly possible and try again. Or also like others have said, tilt it while bleeding.

You could also try adding more water while the valve is open

Also have you tried putting hose clamps on your radiator barbs ?? Believe it or not air can get stuck there, or may possibly even enter there.

Back