• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time watercooler... help wanted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gimps

Well it's time to build another system(last one was a P4 1.7GhZ), and I'm thinking this time around I'd like to try my luck with watercooling. Seeing as how all my experience has been with air-cooled systems(built about 8 of them), I'd like to get some more info on what wb's are good and what I should watch out for.

Right now I'm swaying towards a 533fsb P4, and most likely I'll use the Ti4600 in my current rig. I'd like to setup the CPU, GPU, and NB(not necessary but would be nice) on water cooling.

If anyone knows of a particularly easy case to mount this type of setup in, please list that as well.

Any help here would be appreciated, especially links to products or informative articles.

Most of the chieftech series will take watercooling pretty easy. Most people use the mid-tower Dragon. I have a full tower Matrix and I have more room than I know what to do with. If you have some extra cash, then the AMS G-tower is a good one if you're gonna use a Black Ice extreme rad.

Edit: Oh... and read the sticky's at the top of the watercooling section. Some are pretty hard core, but others will just list where to buy stuff from.

Yup I'm going through those sticky's carefully to get lots of good info. So the Chieftecs are a pretty decent choice for this type of setup, thats cool cuz it was actually one of the towers I was looking at getting!

I agree with the chieftec cases. I'm currently putting together a watercooled rig using a chieftec Matrix. It's 26 inches tall:D

As far as cooling the NB, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know of anyone who makes a WB for the intel chipsets.

So which waterblocks would you recommend for the 478? Also which would be a decent GF4 block, rad, pump, and fan setup.
(I am browsing stores now, just want some informed opinions:))

Back