• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Look at the specs of this pump.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shroomer

member with no avatar
Anyone have experience with these pumps ?

The second one down looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Link corrected... I guess You only need one "http://" :rolleyes:

Thank you.

those appear to be in the right range for watercooling. I would try either the 385 or the 560. They look affordable, too.

Shroomer said:
Anyone have experience with these pumps ?

The second one down looks pretty good.
No experience with those but, the DP-385 has a 9ft head and the DP-560 has a 9.25ft head, virtually the same. I would go for the 385...

Read carefully. The spec says the DP-385 can deliver 385gph and can tolerate a max head of 9 ft. What is is careful not to say is that it can deliver 385gph at 9ft of head. There are plenty of pumps that can deliver 385gph at zero head. If I was considering buying one of them, I'd want to see a graph of the gph versus head, not just the maximum spec for each. Just a thought....

Hoot

Why ????
iv got 2 pc's watercooled both running 32'c (room temp 28'c)
1 with a powerhead pump 300gph
and the other my LAN/wifes rig with just a 60gph pump

if i put the 300gph in the LAN rig the temp doesnt change at all
i had the loan of a 550gph pump (was gonna buy it ) but the temps went UP !
guess the pressure was too high Or the flow was too fast the water in the cpu block didnt get a time to cool

Borgy

Are the 1/2" Fpt (or I suppose the barb would be Mpt) Barbs easy to find in 1/2" OD barb?

Just a quick bump since I've not recieved a reply since the spec sheet went up.

As nikhsub1 said, it is head that matters.

The 385 has nearly the same head as the 560, and it costs less, and consumes less power. (Less heat from the pump going into your water.)

I guess what I'm worried about is the noise issue... I really don't have a bunch of muney, but this might just be worth the risk. Especially considering that I can always just get a maxijet as a replacement for $20. I'm hoping to find something that compares to the 1250, but costs less.

edit: If you look at the spec sheet you will see the relationship between flow and head. I thought it was kind of interesting.

I've been looking at those same pumps myself. Apparently no one around here has much experience with them. I'm going to try the 385 once I get a rad off of ebay. Here is some info from the company that makes the pumps.

Dolphin pumps

They seem pretty powerful to me.:)

*edit* hmm... I missed that link up above:eek:

I have been also looking at these pumps, The marine depot mag I have has a diff pic wich makes them look smaller...

I have read a little about this pump as I am curently researching everything for my Watercooling project.
The Shaft is titanium and they are external pumps.
Dolphin is using the same design as another pump but I cannot remeber the name off hand. From what I have read the aquarium enthusiast is not happy with this pump and believe me if they say no DONT buy it. They want to keep those fish alive I know I dont want to lose my 50 dollar gold fish ROFLMAO. J/K.
They do recommend the Maxi-Jet 1200 and that is what I purchased.
One Aquariest said not problem with those and he has 6 and they have run for 10 years and dump no heat into the tank.
I hope it works well for me as the Ehiems are about twice the price.
My 1 wish is that guy who is making those experimental water blocks will send me 1 for 30 dollars. I know in my dreams LOL. That block looks cool with the pins right under the inlet and then water is taken to other side and removed great Idea. 2 less connections to leak. No offence to the the White water block. I might get the Maze 3 or the Gemini Spiral. The Gemini works well and you dont have to remove theMotherboard to install it.
:D :cool: :eek:

Dolphin is using the same design as another pump but I cannot remeber the name off hand. From what I have read the aquarium enthusiast is not happy with this pump and believe me if they say no DONT buy it.

Not to be a nit-picker, but was that person talking about the dolphin pump or the pump whose name you can't remember.:)

Once again, not trying to be a nit picker.:cool:

They do recommend the Maxi-Jet 1200 and that is what I purchased.

I'll look into that pump as well then.;)

ChemMan

I thought the thread was about the Dolphin pump. That is what I was refering to.
Suposedly the Dolphin guys upgrade some components but the pump motor and such are made at the same factory.

I hope Morphling1 sends me a block. LOL. That is the block I was refering to.
This Block
Anyway this pump, Maxi-jet 1200 should be fine. Either submerged or inline acording to the literate I read.

Money is once again becomming an issue, so I don't think I'll be trying this pump.

The other manufacurer is SEN that makes the same style pump. It's really a shame as the specs are soooo good.

I've been considering Hydor as well, but I doubt there is a lot of repair parts out there. At least if the Maxi-jet breaks, I can just buy another one. Hell, I might just buy 2 and keep one in reserve or for a seperate loop later.

my understanding was this: the graph of head/flow rate is very important because the flow rate of all pumps does not decrease equally as head increases (it isnt a linear graph). so just knowing the maxes of both variables does not explain what goes on inbetween. this may have been what hoot already said, and old news to you, but i dont know if it was taken into account by all. its worth looking into and here is a link to demonstrate. it shows various pumps and how their flow rate is affected at different feet of head.

Back