• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random errors while encoding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strangeBrew

Registered
I just put in my new psu (sparkle) and it works great all the latest benchmarks, games ect are rock solid while my 2.53 @ 2.96 (which is the highest frontside bus this mobo allows) however when I encode a dvd to a divx file I get random errors. My 1066 rdram is set at 2x3x156. Has anyone else had these problems while encoding? My temps are steady at 46 degrees during full load.

Yep getting errors with prime. I am not real familar with this tool and it seems i can hardly oc at all with out generating errors during the self test.

Your overclock's not stable. Your CPU is generating arithmetic errors (as I suspected and confirmed by Prime) which in turn is messing up your encoding. Either clocking back or raising your voltage would be your possible solutions.

~THT

Well I found a good spot with fsb at 150x 19 = 2850Mhz
while voltage is set at 1.65 my load temps peak at 51c and I get through prime95 finally. I might be able to push more but I want to keep my voltage and temps down to be on the safe side. Thanks for the pointers

If you're using Nandub, you might also want to enable anti**** just in case of computational error. Upon double checking, it'll correct the mistake even though you'll take a fps hit.

~THT

Yeah... I am using the gordian knot which uses the nandub. I will look for those options to set. Thanks

Back