• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial pc2100 @ 196mhz!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Demont

....wow! i just bought an Epox 8rda+ and boy has it opened a new world. i have not yet updated my sig cause i dont have a stable final overclock.... ( need to do VDD mod i think) so you can see my old board was a Soltek SL75DRV2... POS. Thank you toms hardware for tricking me into buying the "Overclocking King" of kt266a boards.... yep.... this godly crucial ram that i have had for a year has been wasting away in a ****ty (well to be fair it was good except for the overclocking) board at stock speed for about a year now... and i didnt even know how good it was! soltek board never let me take it over 142! (and it crashed right away at that speed!)
but i put in the new motherboard last night and omg.... i just kept adding 5 fsb and the fun never ended... it let me hang around in windows for a few minutes at 196!!!! i got it to run prime95 for 45 minutes w/out errors at 194 too. then i got bored of watching prime so i stopped.... it was unstable anyway, programs crashing and such. 190 seemed alright though i had it running seti all night at that. this is all with 6-3-3-2.5 timings too btw. (and ram & fsb are sync'ed)

right now im testing at 9.5x185 ( my AROIA-Y can't quite make 1.8 gigs and im getting some flickering screen problems if i go any higher on the FSB, if i understand correctly i need to do the VDD mod to fix that?)

oh yeah 2.77 volts on the ram. and like 28xx/27xx mem bandwidth in sandra @ 194

i will get some screenshots together once i get this thing stable.... time to play the overclocking game a bit more...

I had a Soltek SL-75DRV4....thought it was a pretty decent board for the price. It had the standard 1.85v for core, and you could bump up AGP and DIMM voltages 0.2v as well :cool: Comparing a KT266A to a Nforce2 isn't really...worth comparing. I had my DRV4 up to 165 Mgz FSB with Crucial PC2100 and a 1900+.

There is someone at the Futuremark forums claiming he has also hit 200 Mgz with his Crucial PC2100 in an 8RDA @ CAS 2.5 6-3-3. I would like to see some benchmarks...but if it is true all the better!

Oh great..Now you got me all excited. I'll probably be up all night again.. With my Old Shuttle AK31V3.1 I couldnt set my Crucial to CAS2(3DMark would crash). Right now I'm running 5-2-2-2 11X142MHZ XP1700 Tbred & slowly but surely moving up..Good to hear someone is taking this memory far..Maybe I'll wait & save a lil $$$ instead of ordering the TwinMos I was gonna order this week...I'll post back with updates!

When I get home today, I will raise the voltage on my ram and try to hit 180+. I hope I am as lucky with my ram as you are with yours.

Nice job, dude! In December when there was a good deal on the pc2100 memory at Best Buy I bought some PNY, and right now it's at 193! With fairly aggressive timings, also.

syzygy--

Love your nick, it was my second choice after 23skidoo...:D ;) :p :cool:

If your board can put out 2.8 vdimm this memory will take it and that will help out quite a bit.

Well I got as far as 11X158MHZ. When I booted up at 11X159MHZ, XP wouldn't load & machine locked up. Tried putting upping the voltage of the CPU & Dimm but that didn't help. I tried setting all BIOS settings back to normal & still wouldnt boot. At the time I had my RAM set at 5-2-2-2.5. I have a feeling it maybe my Maxtor d740X 40GB HDD causing the issue..

my timings are at 6-3-3-2.5, thats what it defaulted at and what seems to actually be the best mix of high fsb and such. for me at least. also, your harddrive shouldnt be the problem as you have an 8rda according to your sig, and that board has a pci lock. so the pci bus should be at 33 all the time. i believe there is an auto setting for that but i dont know how it functions so i just set mine to 33, maybe that is the problem? also the fsb or memory has an auto setting and i just set it to 100% instead.

go to the AMD motherboard section of the forums, then go to epox and then check out the sticky on 8rda(+)'s. quite a big help.

[edit] also phillysteve, is that all the higher that cpu can go, 1650? you do know that the cpu is automatically unlocked in that motherboard right? so even if you cant go any higher on the fsb, you should be able to adjust the multiplier up to 12.5x158=1975. not to mention you could run your ram at a percentage of your fsb. for example 75% of 200 is 150, you get the idea. (im not sure what percentage settings are present in the bios)

also, a correction, this ram is 2 years old, not 1 as i said in the first post.

Last edited:
I tested my crucial pc2100 with memtest86 @ 333MHz, after an hour test no error is reported. I will test higher speed tonight.
My setting is at default.

well, I got 200Mhz with ddr 2100... only I didn't brag about it on the futuremark forums... so I'll do it here :)
Fact is, it's no-brand memory!!
works at this speed with 2.5-3-3, if I set it at CAS 2 it onl y does like 150Mhz... though I'm satisfied...

Im running 2 sticks of crucial 2100 at 190 with relaxed timings. One stick can do alot more than the other, but Im too lazy to switch them in and out to figure which one it was. (stick did 195 by itself on my k7v333 but agp crapped out at 196. The other stick could only do 185 in my a7v333) This crucial 2100 stuff is a monster overclocker. Right up there with sammy 2700 CTL prolly

Back