• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Usb problems with p4pe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chozer

I have the logitech mx500 hooked up usb on this board. I am running WinXP Prof. If I start with a cold boot my mouse will not be detected and I just have a dead cursor on the screen. I can then just unplug the usb connector and plug it right back in and I have a mouse again. I have tried different ports in the back but no luck.

Warm boots are fine and the mouse will stay. When the mouse is not working it is not listed in device manager as it should be.

I have winxp service pack 1 installed. I also thought I followed directions off of the cd that came with the Mobo.

Any ideas on what is causing this.

Is it a bios setting?

I'd make sure I uninstalled my old mouse first.
You may have to select View/ShowHiddenDevices in your Device Manager (under 'system' in Control Panel, or WindowsKey+PauseBreak, or RightClick on MyComputer) for it to be visible for removal.

( don't mean to hijack the thread, but, gimme all your money!)

Does USB 2.0 come enabled on P4PE's or does it default to 1.1 and needs drivers/settings changed before being 2,0 capable...not that I use USB for much yet :p

Back