• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

basic fluid dynamics simulation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
I'm sure most people here are familiar with the media file player "winamp". Well there is a visualization plug-in made by Ryan Geiss that simulates fluid dynamics ... his visualizations have been some of the best-liked made for winamp, so maybe some of you are familiar with him already also. anyways i wanted to give you a link to his page, "www.geisswerks.com". the name of the fluid dynamics plugin is "SMOKE"... I now it is compatible with winamp 2.xx but i am not sure about the newer winamp 3.xx. It gives you a good basic understanding and visualization of how water interacts when it encounters resistance and turbulence. check it out and see what you think. :)

edit: spelling

Last edited:
ok, i'm trying it out now. It appears pretty cool, but mainly "eye candy." Have you found a way to specify any solid geometry as obstructions, such as a cylinder, rectangular solid, or flat wall? Those would be very helpful to see. Also, I see you can change some settings, but it would be nice to be able to select viscocities for fluids. Just some thoughts. Thanks for the link!

Back