• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps too high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

undertow

Registered
Well, I finally got all my gear on.. but I must say, I expected lower temps -- especially at stock voltage/settings.

mbm5.JPG

Is this normal? I really expected ~ 20C idle.

My setup:
Maze 2-2 CPU block
Aquasteath NB block
Maxi-Jet 900
AquaCoil

what are those temps? i assume the highest is cpu temp and the lowest is room temp, then the middle is nb maybe? am i right?

if you expected a ~ 20C cpu temp, that is not realistic, not even at idle. within 5-6 degrees would be really good imho. those temps arent bad either, can you overclock better than you could with air? that counts a lot more than temps do.

i dont know what your heat exchanger is or what fan you are using on it either, so its hard to say if you could make improvements there, but that would be the most likely place... and if you changed the nb cooling to air instead of water (with a cpu temp in that range the nb watercooling couldnt possibly provide any benefit, i would take out the nb block from the loop and see if it improves flow enough to improve temps). good luck. :)

What size of pelt are you running with it, and what are you using ot power it? That will largely determine your temps.

Back