• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Stick?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlipperyToy

Normally I have 768 megs of RAM. Now I found a 256 Meg Samsung Stick of DDR 333 just lying around in a box of PC parts. (I visited samsungs website and cross checked the numbers). Now the sticker on the Ram states "DDR 333" Sandra is reading the stick as 256. But it only shows up as 128 in the bios and in the 3dmark system info window. also in the Windows property box it shows up as 128...

Right now I have (1) 512 of Mushkin 3200, and (1)256 of Mushkin 3200. NORMALLY!!

I put this stick I found in my rig just to see.

Is half the memory bad. Im experiencing a little bit of system slow down, so Im gonna take out.

Im just curious.:D

never trust something thats ben laying around. the slowdown is just from the other sticks comming down to this new sticks level.

basiclly you dont know what could have happened to it. i say leave it out of your rig unless its gonna be running alone in a folding box or something.

Back