• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one is faster between nForce2 and KT333/400 @ 400MHz FSB or higher?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juninjesus

Any body know which board is faster at 400MHz of higher FSB?
KT333/400 or nForce 2?

Well... Normaly nForce 2 is faster at 333MHz FSB... yeah right..
How about 400MHz FSB sync mode...?

The reason why I'm asking this stupid question is....
At 400MHz FSB, PCI is running 33MHz and AGP is 66MHz.. I mean nForce 2 system..
nForce 2 has locked PCI AGP clock..

But, VIA platform is different... KT333/400 has divider which is 1/5 at 400MHz..
So.. PCI is running at 40MHz and AGP frequency is 80MHz. This cause some instablility problem..

However, many components are working at 80MHz AGP/40MHz PCI.. So... running 400MHz FSB at VIA KT333/400 Platfporm means u r overclocking whole system.

nForce2... you are only overclocking FSB and Memory bus...

I've never seen any review or article about this.

KT266A @ 333MHz is faster than KT333 @ 333MHz... I've read this comparison before... but not nForce2 vs KT333/400 @ 400MHz or higher...

If KT333/400 is faster or same @ 400MHz FSB, there is no way to envy nForce 2 owner, right?

I haven't run my kt333 chipset board at an fsb as high as 200 but you have 1 thing slightly wrong in your post. the nforce2 boards don't have a totaly locked pci and agp bus they are locked at whatever you set them to. if you wish to run your agp bus at 75 for instance you are totaly capable of doing that. You have much more flexibility than you would have with a divider.

overclocking your pci and agp bus in my exprience doesnt do anything for improving the devices on the pci and agp bus's. if anything they slow down, because these devices werent designed to run at anything but 33 and 66 mhz. the only advantage i have heard is that when the pci buses run higher that the bandwidth increase, but the devices most of the time dont even use all the bandwidth.

I have seen an increase in harddrive performance through overclocking the PCI bus, but thats about the only thing you might notice a difference on.

Back