• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need opinions on my Cu block diagram...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BaThMaN

Registered
a Cathar-morphling1 sort of block...

cu-rev-1.txt

Would having 2 barbs for the outlet could make a huge difference (say around 3C with a 400L/h pump)???

Actual size may vary :D

Going to start this around next 2 weeks, when my uncle's electric thin saw blade arrives (used for handicrafts; not sure if it can cut through copper; RonnieG style!)...

if the barbs couldnt fit, I might arrange it this way:

| /

where | is the center barb (inlet) and / would be the outlet

edit: spelling

Last edited:
That looks great and good job spending some time on the diagrams. Those microchannels are sweet, are you going to have a jet?

well drawn up. i would be slightly concerned that the hold down mechanism might bow the base plate. good contact is an important factor, someone else probably has a reference to whether thats too thin or not. what kind of saw is that you are planning on using? will you really be able to cut 1mm channels with it? channels that small arent easy to do if you dont have the right equipment. good luck. :)

Molybdym said:
That looks great and good job spending some time on the diagrams. Those microchannels are sweet, are you going to have a jet?

it will be included in the cover...

I.M.O.G. said:
well drawn up. i would be slightly concerned that the hold down mechanism might bow the base plate. good contact is an important factor, someone else probably has a reference to whether thats too thin or not. what kind of saw is that you are planning on using? will you really be able to cut 1mm channels with it? channels that small arent easy to do if you dont have the right equipment. good luck. :)

I'm really hoping I could cut it at 1mm or less (im not really sure if i could do it)... I'll post pics of the machine when it arrives...

Unless the saw blades are carbide tipped, you'll want to cut at slow speeds. Otherwise, you'll ruin the blade within the first couple of cuts.

If it is carbide tipped, use wax as a lubricant. If not carbide tipped, use some type of oil or oil mixture as a coolant/lubricant. Those are just some lessons I've learned the hard way.

Unless the saw blades are carbide tipped, you'll want to cut at slow speeds. Otherwise, you'll ruin the blade within the first couple of cuts.
uh oww... it doesnt have multi speed option... hope I could compensate it with a lubricant...

Back