• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron or IWILL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

Should I get the Albatron ProII-S(silvermobo) or the IWILL P4HT (red mobo). I'm putting it in a silver case with a window and maybe putting a Cold cathode light in it. Just wondered which one you guys thought was better. They seem pretty comparable to me from what I read. I don't do much overclocking, but the both seem to overclock pretty well. Does the IWILL support 400Mhz ddr ram???The IWILL is also $20 cheaper than the Albatron on Newegg. Also, does anyone know anything about the Chaintech 9EJS1 mobo???Don't want to pay what they want for it, but it comes with alot of extras.

I don't have any experience with IWILL boards.

BUT, I have the PX845PE PRO II "Silver Edition". I bought it from Googlegear.com. They had the lowest price on the 'net, plus they also had a Free 2-day air shipping promo.

I upgraded my system from an old Gigabyte SLOT1 board (AT-style form factor "yuck" :p) to the Albatron board with a P4 2.4B o/c to 3.04G and 512M Corsair PC3200 XMS memory. I am VERY HAPPY with everything and definitely recommend the motherboard.

TERIM

The Albatron was the 1 I noticed first. It seems to be a few bucks more($10-$20), but it seems to get good reviews from most of the places I looked at. There's also a Soltek SL-85DR3 (R) mobo that I can't find anywhere!!! I'll probaly go with the Albatron. Glad someone responded

well i have say that the albatron px845pe pro II board is a great board don't know to much about iwill also does ide controllers on that iwill look like they would get in the way at the bottom of the board but that's my own oponion i also have it for sale in another part of this forum take a peek reason for selling preordered a Dual DDR Board LOL

I have a albatron 845pev pro but the pro2 is similar. The board rocks! Dont know about Iwill. You also asked if the Iwill supports ddr 400 and the answer is officially no Intel board supports ddr400, only ddr333. BUT via overclocking you can get ddr400 support.

I have the Pro II silver mobo, all I can say is NO COLD BOOT PROBLEM, stable, overclockable, and fast! It outperforms the P4PE I had.

Edit: no overvolting, no high CPU temps and no volt fluctuation either :)

Back