• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick help 4 it7 max v2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acesea

hello everyone. just got my system all setup today!!!! this is the first system ive built for myself, ive built others for friends. anyway, i am SOOOO excited. its flying right now!! its a 2.53 c1 p4, abit it7 max2 v2, ati 9500pro, corsair xms3200 ....

i need some help real quick. i havent messed around with any ocing yet. im waiting for my watercooling system for that. (but im curious how my p4 will do :) )

problem is, i cant seem to find a abits motherboard monitor for thiis board. anyone whos got this board, can you tell me if abit even makes an in windows monitor? im really hoping they do. the asus boards all have this. i cant seem to find this utility on the net, or on the cd. it would really suck if i cant see temps, fan speeds etc in windows. let me know guys. thanks!

come on, someones gotta know. or does abit not make any and do i have to use MotherboardMonitor?

thanks a lot for the help guys. i found that winbond program on the cd. works fine.
check this, just started ocing my stock 2.53 c1.
WOW!! im able to login to windows @ 150mhz EASY!! just to try i was able to hit 158mhz to make that a clock of 3ghz! to make it to bios i needed to up the voltage to 1.55 from 1.525, but windows wont start.

so right now im at 150x4, 2.85. @ 1.525
at this im getting 42C idle.

i have a couple of questions as for ocing.
my ram seems not to be doing too well according to sandra. its scoring lower than 2700, and i have 3200. what do i have to do in my settings? my timings are at Cas2/2t/5t/2t

also, what the highest safe voltage and temps i should see with my stock cooling. i just wanna try and get it to 3ghz to be happy ;)

also, what agp aperture size should i have?

thanks for any help guys. ABIT and INTEL rule!!

the safe vcore is 1.7v or less..voltage will kill a P4

I have same issues with Sandra..score are always lower than expected...may have to do with what is running in the background on my system

My system:
P4 [email protected] 166fsb(actually 166.6 I think) vcore is 1.65v..actual is 1.625v stock HSF
IT7 Max2 rev2 undervolts by about 0.025v
Crucial PC2100 @166fsb cas 2.5/3/3/6 at 2.7v
idle temps 45C

this board seems to report temps high(by about 8-10C)

I have radeon 9700 pro and I am using a 128 agp aperture not sure if 256 is important or not

Back