• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody Can Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aem

hi,i just bought msi 6547e max board with sis chipset that has pc 2700 support and i also bought kingston 256mb ddr pc2700 ram.everything was good till i try to play games (using windows xp).every time i enter any of the game, the machine restarts itself. after i checked it and i found that something wrong with the ram i changed it with my other computers samsung 256 mb ddr pc 2100( the board has pc 2100 support) it workedreally good, and the other kingston worked well with my other computer.i couldnt understand why?i mean is there anything wrong with kingston ram?or anything wrong with msi board?

what does this mean?

i was wondering...what exactly did u mean by "after i checked it and i found that something wrong with the ram"? was there some physical thing that u noticed, or got some error message, or what?

and also, are all your bios settings default? and if so, make sure they are set to what that kingston can tolerate. like, it is possible that the bios is misreading the cas latency, or at least, in my opnion - it has happened. My a7n8x deluxe misread my 2.5cl dimms as cl3, i was like ?_? so i just manually adjusted it, and the other timings.

look in advanced chipset features, or something similar to that. you'll likely see a bunch of other things with dimm, cas, ras, etc. in the title, they'll likely be grouped together. lower numbers are better, but...well, if u push them too low, that is when the problems start

Kingston has a lifetime warranty. If you wnt to upgrade you can always call up and rma it then ask specifically for a samsung original. They come labeled but kingston buys them direct from Samsung.

Back