• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Which memory timings should I set?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lancelot

Just bought a P4-Celeron 2.0Ghz a stick of 512MB PC2700 and a DFI P4X266A mobo. I came from a SDRAM system and only had to set cas latency and precharge. Now with DDR setup I'm like "what the hell is this?" I'm listing below what my BIOS options are, the DDR will never be running faster than PC2100 so I'm looking for max. (3D)performance settings here...

DRAM clock by SPD/manual
DRAM timing by SPD/manual
SDRAM CAS latency 2/2.5
BANK interleave disable/enable
PRECHARGE to active (trp) ?
ACTIVE to precharge (tras) ?
ACTIVE to cmd (Trcd) ?
DRAM command rate ?
DRAM burst len 4/8

Thanx for any help, my next question will be about what all the AGP setting are for! LOL!

You want to set the cas latency to 2, and the other timings to 3-6-3...may been in a different order in your BIOS. Also look for the command rate setting, change that to 1T. If it works at those timing you should try to tighten them to CAS 2 2-5-2.

Thanx man! I was worried cuz this new setup scored about 500 3DMarks less than my old Celly800 @1066 which got me to 7450. But now with mem timings at 1T and 2-5-2 I already got 8660. Now I still have to look into all those AGP options but first I need to get my usual working system setup...

btw; what about en- or disabling BANK Interleave?

Lancelot said:
DRAM clock by SPD/manual
DRAM timing by SPD/manual
SDRAM CAS latency 2/2.5
BANK interleave disable/enable
PRECHARGE to active (trp) ?
ACTIVE to precharge (tras) ?
ACTIVE to cmd (Trcd) ?
DRAM command rate ?
DRAM burst len 4/8

=manual
=manual
=2
=enable
others i leave alone coz am not sure.

for a complete list and suggestions for bios/memory tweaking go to this site: http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=1

goodluck :D

Optimized DDR and AGP settings got me around 9200 3DMarks so far and this system is flying compared to my old Celemine! I'm learning by the minute...

Back