• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System temp at 51 degrees!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RuffRyder88

According to winbond hardware monitor, my system temp rises to over 50 degrees when under load! I have four case fans, 2 intake and 2 exhaust. They are quite fast thermalake fans,and there is jo obstructions to the airflow, and the case is quite well ventilated.
The thing is, the exhuast air doesn't feel 50 degrees.
Can anyone help, either to lower the temp or explain if it is a wrong reading.
Also, my cpu is always about 3-5 degress cooler than my system, according to the hardware monitor.

That doesn't sound right. Your sys temp is probably 20c cooler than your CPU I would guess.

Your heatsink may not be flush with the cpu. I would remove the heatsink and reinstall it. Make sure not to apply too much thermal paste to the cpu. It only needs a thin layer of the paste.

Clockers said:
Your heatsink may not be flush with the cpu. I would remove the heatsink and reinstall it. Make sure not to apply too much thermal paste to the cpu. It only needs a thin layer of the paste.

It is the system temperature he is talking about, not the CPU temperature

I got a reply from Abit about the high system temp and he said that the sensor is located in an area very close to the agp and cpu so it picks up a lot of heat and will usually read high. I would ignore it because it is not a true reflection of your overall motherboard and case temp.

What Abit board are we talking about? My SR7-8X system temp runs high like this, but only under load. I think mine is normal. I even put a fan on the northbridge and it didn't help.

Be sure that you have selected the correctsensor in your monitoring program. If your system temp is 51c then your CPU should be close to throttling. It is impossible for that much heat to actually be present inside your case and not affect the CPUs cooling efficency. If it doesn't feel hot it ain't hot.:) 51c feels very uncomfortable and close to painful to touch.

Back