• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Deal or No?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
Is this a good Deal?

Kingston 2700

Seems like a good deal to me. But should I just spring for the XMS 3200? I have never dealt with Kingston before.

I am currently weighing up the same decision. Its either that stick or a 256MB stick of Corsair with another to follow when I get some more cash.

I am going to running XP Pro which will eat up 256MB of Ram, but I think I will suffer it in the short term for the better quality. Opinions?

Can you afford the 512 stick of Corsair Orion?

Can afford it but I would like to go the cheaper route if possible. The way I see it I could get the Kingston AND a Tbred 1800 or I could get the XMS only. I will get 512 no matter what, 256 is not an option.

Thats a tough one...I say toss a coin :p

You could buy the Corsair and get a faster CPU later when prices drop some more...

The difference for me in buying a 512 stick of corsair now is waiting longer to build my rig as I have a few more parts to buy.

Soooooo many options.... Just when I think I have my mind made up about a part, I read something else and it throws it all in doubt again, lol

Edit: For example, I just read a something on a site where a person got his Mushkin PC3000 stick running at 450mhz I think it was...... So, now I'm tossing coins over Mushkin and Corsair :eek:

Hi there I have just bought the new revision of ocz rev 3.2 it is cheaper than corsair and has Winbond 6ns chip have not tried it yet waiting for my new board, the reviews on it are very good hope that helps and does not make your decision harder :D

My Kingston is pretty good on high fsb's. I would go higher, but the PCI speed gets too high. I don't think 187 is bad though :)

kingston.jpg

Back