• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's Your "Customized" WaterCooling Setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpyderX

Registered
What's your "Custom" (not custom-made but instead of buying a kit, you bought different parts to make your own kit...) WaterCooling Kit and its result/how much you were able to O/C?

I'm new to watercooling and I read the stickies above but I'm trying to get a feel of what are some good parts for watercooling (pump, waterblock, radiator, etc)
Thanks!

maze3
bix extreme rev.2
DD blue cube res
ehiem 1250
tygon r-3603

the bix rad isnt better then a heater core but i got it because of the size.

havent tried to oc it yet. maybe i will someday

edit: i put my rad and res at the top b/c i needed all my drive space and hdd space.
623-1007-36334.jpg

Last edited:
Usually, the pumpers/radiator (or maybe only one of these and others) are played in the 5.25 bay right?

nope~ generaly in the front of the case~
Mine are~
Maze 3 Intel
Ehime 1048
Black ice rad
Clearflex Tubing
80cfm Panaflo M series 120mm fans @ 5v
goodpic2.jpg

Maze 3 AMD
Via Aqua 1300
86' chevette heatercore
Braided tubing
120cfm Fans

Maze3 is a really good waterblock? I always thought Swiftech made really good waterblock but I'm looking for the best right now... or at least something really good... going by it part by part...

Visit this thread, CLICK. Sneak peek of what you will find in the photo below. My sig says it all for the amount of O/C. That would be 541Mhz. over stock. When I push any higher I lose my internet ability.

Best block, Hmmm, Cathar makes the White Water Block. Hands down the best block that is for sell....

P0001483.jpg

Oh okay, so I can at least say that the most popular brands for the following are:

Waterblock - Swiftech, Danger Den, White Water
Radiators - Black Ice
Pumps - Eheim
Water - Distilled Water (of course, hehe)

Don't know about the rest, I got this info from visiting several forums and websites.
I'm looking to spend around $200 or so to build my watercooling kit/setup...

I used a pump and rad. from crazyPC. The Rad sucks but the pump (Maxi-Jet MP900) puts out 270 GPH which is pretty good for much less than an Eheim. Mine will be chilled pretty soon but HERE is my setup.

SpyderX said:
Maze3 is a really good waterblock? I always thought Swiftech made really good waterblock but I'm looking for the best right now... or at least something really good... going by it part by part...
IF you want THE BEST , the White Water is it hands down, second would have to be the TC-4.

clearflex tubing should be added to your list,

should be:
white water
clearflex
heatercore
eheim or maxi or iwaki
and some good fans

I run a maxijet, and completely custom setup currently

BeCooling Jagged Edge waterblock ( www.aquastealth.com )
BeCooling Motherboard Chipjacket

Supreme Pondmaster (crud forgot the model #) from Petsmart

Hayden Aluminum tranny cooling from AutoZone.

Current temp (under Seti load) 99F (37.22C)

Maximum Temp I've ever recorded under MM 104F (40c)

I have a real fear of poly topped blocks.
(search the forums for "poly crack" )

Paul

I am using a D-Tek TC-4, but I modded the block to a three barb top. The improvement I bet have put the block close to the WW. I am able to push the CPU above what I was able to do using the two barb top. My center barb is a jet sprayer of my design.

If you are are looking at the DD or Swift look at the D-Tek before making a move. The block has been redesigned with a thinner bottom and O-ring barbs.

Back