• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Info on JD Weld

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrianH2O

I am thinking of building a res with the top and sides of Lucite (or similar) and a copper plate on the bottom.

What I need to know....

Will JD Weld bold or glue the lucite to the cooper bottom without screws?

Will JD Weld hold in in very cold water (~ -5 to +5c)?

Will JD Weld hold in a mixture of 75:25 or 50:50 antifreeze:water? Will it corrode or melt or soften?

itll hold, it may not hold under those conditions tho, I kinda doubt it would hold under those conditions.

I wouldn't doubt it, it's been holding together my DIY waterblock for the past 6 months with no problems. water temps aren't that low, but there is water-wetter, UV dye, and probably a little alchohol from the last time I flushed it out too.

btw, why do you want lucite in a chilled system? are you gonna actually see thru the lucite when its insulated? probably not

JFettig

I am using Lucite because I cannot weld copper into a res. Yes I was planning on insulating the cold parts of the res.

Also, The lucite would be neat if I built the res so that the insulation could be removed to show the res. I am thinking of something special here!

Thanks TheGhengisKhan. I also believe it would hold under these conditios also.

Back