• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Samsung PC3200 Cas 2.5 decent mem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

Planning to get some new ram, do not want to break the bank either and past experience with my pc 2700 sammy CTL is good, does it hold true for the pc3200

I have seen the 170 range with my pc2700 have not pushed farther though.

Cisco KId

cisco this is a real tough one. #1 make sure the ram is not covered by a heat spreader. true sammy 3200 does not need one. the last 4 charachters on the chip are tcc4. that designates ddr 400. finally make sure it is a repuitable pcb. preferably one with samsung printed on it. I have a stick of what I thought to be true sammy 3200. no heatspreader visible correct part #s but poor quality pcb. the ram is junk. will not do anything but the most relaxed timings. I'm talking cas3 5-5-9. its terrible i have to set that just to run at 205 fsb. luckily the vendor I bought it from guarenteed it to run at 200 cas2.5 next time I can get to a show I'm gonna get a refund and buy some corsair.

snvpa said:
cisco this is a real tough one. #1 make sure the ram is not covered by a heat spreader. true sammy 3200 does not need one. the last 4 charachters on the chip are tcc4. that designates ddr 400. finally make sure it is a repuitable pcb. preferably one with samsung printed on it. I have a stick of what I thought to be true sammy 3200. no heatspreader visible correct part #s but poor quality pcb. the ram is junk. will not do anything but the most relaxed timings. I'm talking cas3 5-5-9. its terrible i have to set that just to run at 205 fsb. luckily the vendor I bought it from guarenteed it to run at 200 cas2.5 next time I can get to a show I'm gonna get a refund and buy some corsair.

Thanks for the feedback, I pm'd you, I am on the hunt for pc3500 XMS Corsair or preferrably OCZ Pc3500 EL DDR 2x256 best price available.

Cisco KId

Back