• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pro266TD Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hoytron

Okay. I have an MSI Pro266TD dual tualatin mainboard, a couple of P3-S 1.26GHZ chips, and I want to get some memory. I plan to overclock the system to a 166MHz FSB, with the volt mod, and get 512MB of PC2700 memory. I've been doing some reading about bank interleaving, and I'm still confused. The board utilizes the Via Apollo Pro 266T chipset, which allows you to enable 2 and 4-way DRAM bank interleaving. The motherboard specs say that the board will support four DDR memory modules, and eight banks of memory total. Does this mean that I will have to fill two memory slots to enable 4-way interleaving? I want to know if I should get one stick of 512MB, or two sticks of 256MB. It's been said in the forums that one stick is usually better for overclocking, but I will be running the memory in spec. Please let me know what to get. Thanks!!!

Back