• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

winter cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burning Phoenix

Readers Digest version:

watercooling setup:
DangerDen waterblock
approx. 2 8' 5/8" waterlines
350GPH submersible pump
5 gallon reservoir
heater core

load operating temperatures inside:
MB 75F (25C)
CPU 113F (45C)

reservoir and heater core are now outside with the lines running out the front door. Approx. time 10:38 PM

outside temperature: 4F (-15C)

lets see how far the temperature will drop on my cpu after a few hours. If it drops a fair amount and allows me to overclock higher i'm going to drill holes through the wall and run the lines so i can completely shut the damn door.

yes you will get condensation if its that cold, and your water might start to freeze, Im not sure though sense its moving better keep an eye on that too.

oh, you can do better than that. Last year I was getting 15-18C load temps with my AX-7 using cold air ducted from my attic. Condensation was never a problem, because winter air is so dry (at least in MO). I ran my PC that way for over 3 months without problems. Just remember how condensation forms: Warm, moist air must hit a cooler surface. Condensation will not form when cold, dry air hits a warmer surface.

Why not rig up a board in your window to drill through rather than your wall... Just a thought. If you're worried about locking the window, then you can use another board on top of the window to keep it from coming up. It's the way my parents have to put in thier AC every year.

Back