• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RDRAM .....Will Intel drop support?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gruvin2

I'm hearing that Intel will only be making boards with DDR support. Is this true?
If so can anyone confirm this please. I cant believe that Intel is going to stop supporting the fastest memory on the planet atm.

I do hope what i've heard isn't true. If that is the case, I feel so cheated for puting my hard earned $$ into a RDRAM setup. :mad:

eventually dual channel ddr will be the enthusiasts default choice. but i wouldnt worry. you have a very high performing mb that will keep up with anything being introduced for the near future. check out some of the bm's guys are getting on your board, especially when overclocked. they are normally higher than any of the present chipsets and are even keeping abreast of the much vaunted and expensive granite bay boards.
with memory benchmarks in the 3800's my old th7ll is still kickin
***. so we both have awhile to wait and see what shakes out in the rdram& ddr chipset development... flapperhead

rdram aint doing as well as rambus or intel would like it to do - but It wont dissappear overnight - and for all we know they might be holding out on something big that will boost it to the popularity of DDR

One thing DDR has over RDRAM is cost for performance.....i may have to Ebay in a few months for my next upgrade!

well,like it or not rambus is a good technology. unfortunately intel and rambus jammed it down everyones throats a couple of years ago when the p3 really didnt need it. that coupled with absurd prices ****ed everyone off. now when we have the high frequency cpu's that can really use all the mem bandwidth it can get, a very mature and reliable platform has been virtually abandoned and new and expensive dual channel chipsets are being produced to do what rambus with the cheaper 850 chipset has been doing for a lond while. In my opinion intel and rambus are to blame for this mess....

Back