• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Infectious

Registered
Does anyone know about Rio pumps? I bought a Rio 1700 submersible pump and I am wondering if it needs to be in submirged or can I just hook up the inlet and outlet? Thanks for any help on the matter.
Here is my lowtech aproach to testing my homemade water block. The only big heat source I have access to is the burner on my stove. Now what I did is set my waterblock on the burner and turned everything on. After 20 minutes I used my digital prob and took some temp reading. At the burner surface I read 320 degree F. On the base of my block I was reading 98 degrees F. Even knowing it is not making the best contact , moving the block to the side and probing were it was seting it was reading 121 degrees F. I am going to make a assumption that my waterblock is going to work. Any ideas or should I be safe to go?.

well, the block will most certainly work well enough so you can start it up and monitor the temps; you wont fry your chip that quickly.

as far as the rio goes, i'm almoast positive that it can be used inline, but dont quote me

Thanks for your feed back! I am just scared that it might not work and burn stuff up. I read the data sheet again on the rio and it says it must be submirged...I wonder if its to keep the pump cool and not so much for anything else.

Back