• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4B533-E Mem prob's`

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DevilMan24

i dont know if iam missing something here or what but i bought some new memory 512 ddr pc2700 right 333mHz but it still shows it rumming at 133. what setting am i missing? i read about the timeing 2-2-2-5 and still nothing, what about the jumper that are on the MB, i have messed around woth them some but nothing has happen?

thanks

Flick on switch 6 on DIP switch 1 (DSW1) . And your mem settings 1:1 will be at 3:4 and 4:3 will be 1:1 for fsb`s higher than 132. Make sure to set your mobo on jumper free (default setting).

Flick on switch 6 on DIP switch 1 (DSW1) . And your mem settings 1:1 will be at 3:4 and 4:3 will be 1:1 for fsb`s higher than 132. Make sure to set your mobo on jumper free (default setting).

computer will not boot....:mad:

DevilMan24 said:

computer will not boot....:mad:

Your sig shows you're OCing to 145FSB. Are you running it at this speed when you try the dipswitch trick? If so, you're running your RAM at 193FSB with the dipswitch trick which is way too fast and that's probably why you can't boot. Set your FSB back to 133Mhz before you try the dipswitch trick.

At 133 FSB with the dipswitch trick you'll be running your RAM at 177FSB (DDR354) which may still be too fast for your DDR333 RAM anyway, especially if it's some "no-name" brand RAM.

iam not O\C right now and i have the FBS at 133. i loaded the setup defaults in the Bios to see it there was any change in it and there where none. yea when i move the 6th switch over the computer will not boot. any thing else i should try?
thanks

DevilMan24 said:
iam not O\C right now and i have the FBS at 133. i loaded the setup defaults in the Bios to see it there was any change in it and there where none. yea when i move the 6th switch over the computer will not boot. any thing else i should try?
thanks

Well, like I said in my prior post:

"At 133 FSB with the dipswitch trick you'll be running your RAM at 177FSB (DDR354) which may still be too fast for your DDR333 RAM anyway, especially if it's some "no-name" brand RAM."

What brand is your RAM? Is it capable of running at 177FSB? Remember, "DDR333" equals 166FSB and your RAM may not run faster than that. Does it boot up fine without the DSW6 trick (i.e., with the RAM running at default speed)?

Back