• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Few Mem Questions :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OverClockedStu

Registered
First off...what are 2252 settings I cant really figure it out...also can my Samsung PC2700 ram do a CAS of 2.0?

Im kinda afraid to test out my ram now because I had the FSB on my AT7 Max-2 to 200 and windows corrupted itself(actually I think I was the one who corrupted it :p).

I am currently at 180x12.5 which is 2.25 ghz running 50 C idle

I am wondering if i can give my ram a bit more power? it benches at like 2.4 gb/s...

If anyone has some Samsung PC2700 and wants to tell me their setup I would be glad to listen? All the mem guides i have looked at either didnt have enough info or did not make my system run stable. BTW I dont need heatsinks/spreaders for ram up to like 2.85 V right?

Thx for all your answers! Just remember you are aiding the O/Cing cause!!

whats up? looks like we got pretty mutch the same rig.

before you do anything else in order to reach the 200mhz fsb on this board, you will have to take off the chipset heatsinkfan and apply some theremal paste to the nothbridge chipset. running at 200mhz the nothbridge gets hot and even though abit has put the heatsink and fan on, there is low heat disapation because of no thermal paste!

ok, first things first the sammy pc 2700 will not be able to do cas 2.0 at those high fsb speeds. sorry! the 2-2-5-2 stuff is the ram timing. i found that by relaxing the timings you can run the higher fsb speeds. i don't know if your sammy is ctl or dtl. but give these timings a try. it is what i have mine set too. all ram is different and you might be able to run tymings alittle tighter or a little more relaxed.

in bios go to ADVANCED CHIPSET FETURES, then DRAM CLOCK/DRIVE CONTROL.

DRAMCLOCK: 166
DRAM TIMING SELECT: MANUAL
CAS LAT: 2.5
BANK INTERLEAVE: 4 BANK
PRECHARGE TO ACTIVE: 3T
ACTIVE TO PRECHARGE: 6T
ACTIVE TO COMMAND: 3T

DRAM ACESS: 3T
DRAM COMAND RATE: 1T COMAND (if memory timings seem to be too tight change this one to 2T command)

depending if it is a good stick of ram this should let you run the 200mhz fsb?

as for the coruption i had the same problem it wasn't the fsb speed or the ram! it was the cpu. you will either have to back off on the speed. for some reason anthing over 2220 mhz on mine gives me hd corupion it will boot and run over 2220mhz but gets hd couption? i guess the cpu has reached its limit! anyway a good lace to start is 11x200 vith a v-core of 1.75v. this should let you boot and run a couple of benches to test the system and give you a good starting piont. then you can adjust multiplier and voltage till you hit what ever is stable.

oh ya i almost forgot set the memory voltage to 2.85 if that not enogh take it to 2.95 but no higher!

Last edited:
overclocked ram could cause hdd corruption but 99% of the time it is high fsb speeds. 200 is the magic number for me to have to reinstall windows too

It depends on the stick of ram. Some ram will do higher timings, some wont. The only thing you can do is try it. It wont dammage anything, probably the worst that will happen is it either wont boot, or will be unstable. Worst case it could corrupt something, but I have never had a problem with RAM permanantly corrupting harddrive. Just try it and see, its the only way to go.

Back