• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMS 3000 need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I have a stick of 256 XMS Corsair 3000,will XMS 3200 or 3500 work with the 3000?
Or should I get another 3000 chip,it is for my 8K3A+.

Thanks

you can mix and match but it will only run as fast as the slowest and as you probably know OC'ing with 2 sticks or RAM can be problematic...I would see what you can get for the 1 stick you have and then get yourself a single stick pf 512MB XMS3200 if you planning on running a high FSB(200+)

Dave65 said:
I have a stick of 256 XMS Corsair 3000,will XMS 3200 or 3500 work with the 3000?
Or should I get another 3000 chip,it is for my 8K3A+.

Thanks

yeah thanks I just read some of your other post,and I will use this ram in something eles and go with the 3500 for this one..
Thanks a million:D

3500? IF you are not planning on pushing 200+ FSB to much past 200 you might want to consider 3200, Googlegear XMS3200 Cas2 512MB $165, granted 3500 is only $35 more, but still...

Re: Re: XMS 3000 need advice

Dave65 said:

yeah thanks I just read some of your other post,and I will use this ram in something eles and go with the 3500 for this one..
Thanks a million:D

Well is my 8K3A+ worthy of over 200 FSB?

If it is I want to get the most out of it:)

You're 8k3a+ can do 200+ easy, problem is I don't think your CPU can handle it, and no 1/6 at 200FSB so your PCI/AGP would be way up there(40PCI/80AGP), those are some big numbers, would be hard pressed to find HDD's and AGP and NIC to handle those numbers.

That's a lot to push, that's why I think XMS3200 is plenty, and then if you decide to do a board upgrade, to one of the NForce2, the XMS3200 would work out real nice(those boards have AGP/PCI lock)

Just notice that this is my 1000th post using this username, I think I need to switch again, or get a life.

Re: Re: Re: XMS 3000 need advice

Dave65 said:

Well is my 8K3A+ worthy of over 200 FSB?

If it is I want to get the most out of it:)

Hey congrats on the 1000:)

I am concidering an NForce 2 board,probably an Epox they have been good to me so far,that is why I am thinking 3500,I really shouldn't complain about this 8K3A+,my 1800 Tbred is running @ 1900 and it is stable as a rock,but once you get it the way you like it,you need to find something new to tinker with..HEHE

But I may just get that NForce and start a new project and leave this one alone..

Hey thanks for the quick replys:D

I am huge fan of EPoX as well, I would check the forums first before investing in their NForce boards. When they first came out that had some pretty nasty bugs(which is unlike EPoX). Hopefully they have had some revision changes or some new BIOS which has taken care of the problem. Wait till you see the NForce boards, they take all the fun out of OC'ing(they lock PCI/AGP, set ratios for RAM, etc...)

Back