• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump Vibrations!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shaotai

Okay, so I got my rig all setup now.. (which reminds me that I have to update my sig!:) )
I'm happy with the results, except my homemade resivour (spell?) has a tiny leak if I bend it in a certain angle, so I'll be getting a DTek 5 1/4 bay resivour.
One annoying problem. The pump does vibrate a lot!
So, what do you guys do to lessen vibration? I'm trying to keep my system as quiet as possible, but the vibration/buzzing is pretty annoying! I have a Via Aqua 1300, which I know are a bit louder than the more expensive Ehiem pumps, but lots of you guys are using them and they do work great....
Share how you lessen the vibration and noise!!!!
TIA!

YES!!!... when my 600gph pump touches the metal part of my case, it sounds like someone hitting my case with 10 hammers.

what i did to fix it:
i took the black puffy protective stuff from a package i got. all the noise is gone.

please stand by... ill take a pic

here you go... get some of this stuff:
pump.jpg

I have an Iwaki pump in my case which I'm fairly certain produces a hell of a lot more vibration than your pump does. Here are some of the things I did to reduce vibrations in my case (my setup makes basically no vibrational noise anymore).

1) Mount the pump with some neoprene foam under/around it. This step helps a LOT. To further reduce mounting vibration, try to find some rubber grommets to put into the mounting points of your pump (these things can be easily found at home depot or even some case-modding sites).

2) If the first step doesn't get rid of the majority of your vibrations, start feeling around the case to see where the vibrations are making noise. Some typical hot-spots include the area where the mobo meets the chassis; mounting points around where the side panels connect; and any doors that you may have on your system. Once you identify these areas, try stuffing foam in between the points where metal is vibrating against metal.

Hope this helps :).

gosh you're all stupid.... :D don't kill me! ahHHAHAhahahha

u just had to copy the path from the pic and paste it on the address bar...:p..

i uploaded it to my ftp...
pump.jpg

yeah.. tah should work, foam or rubber(not hard ones) should absorb the shaking..

Those are all excellent! Thanks too for the pic...
I'll give those a try to see if they help with the noise and vibration...

I have my eheim mounted on four bots with springs in between the bolts and the pump, it makes my case a bit more solid for transporting etc. I don't have to worry about it sliding.

Back