• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any experiance with an external pump, radiator, ect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SleepyGuy

Registered
I'm thinking about doing this. My case is a bit small and I think that doing it this way will be a little better for me in general. I just plan on putting it in a small box (maybe something like a tool box, fishing tackle box, ect) next to the case. What should I do for a power supply for the fans and pump?

My water system isn't mounted in the case, and I like it that way.

My pump is always running, so I don't have any advice on the power supply, other than plugging the pump into the wall.

For my radiator fan, I installed a stereo plug in the back of my case that is soldered to the 4 conductor P4 wires from the power supply (two blacks, two yellows, 12 volts). I have a long wire running from my fan to the plugin. Since there's two pair of these wires, I have a second plugin that's not being used right now.
It's handy to have the wires removable using a plugin, should you need to move something.
You could just route the wire with your water tubing.

With the AC fans, will it matter if they are 50Hz or 60Hz?
Also, with just fans in general, what would be an ideal CFM and dBA? I'll probably be using a chevvete core as well.

Back