• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neutralizing pump vibrations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColdFlare

anyone got any ideas on how to neutralize the vibrations coming from the pump?

I have my pump inside my case sitting on the bottom. I tried adding those plastic air bubble wrapper thingy there but the vibrations are still there. Is there any effective way to get away all the vibrations that are coming from the my water pump?

ColdFlare said:
anyone got any ideas on how to neutralize the vibrations coming from the pump?

I have my pump inside my case sitting on the bottom. I tried adding those plastic air bubble wrapper thingy there but the vibrations are still there. Is there any effective way to get away all the vibrations that are coming from the my water pump?

Suspend it in the water maybe, with string? Or somehow float it?

David

You got some silicone tubing scraps?
Cut a couple of pieces, and zip tie it to the bottom of the pump.
The silicone is rather sticky when clean, and will also keep the pump from "walking" around.
This doesn't work as well with vinyl tubing, as it's more ridgid, but you could try it...it's free.

Another thing I've done is to sit the pump on something that keeps it up off the case floor about 1/4". Then use silicone caulk to make 4 "feet", just blobs that glue the pump in place. When it's dry, take out the 1/4" shim you used, the silicone makes 4 vibe dampening feet.

Back