• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

compatible mobo???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

swivelrocker

Hello overclockers!!!

Im looking to build a machine specifically for audio recording use only. The heart of it all is the motherboard. Currently finances arent great so what Im looking for is something I can stick a bigger processor in at a later date.

I also need this mobo to come WITHOUT onboard sound and audio. I have come to know serious issues with onboard sound and video for applications I am using it for in the past.

I am also hoping that this nice mobo will be using DDR ram

For more specific info, I would say this has to be a P4 based unit, and I am looking to start with a 1.7 G intel processor, and progress to say, a 2.4 G. I may or not have my numbers right in that those 2 are both of the P4 variety, please correct me if i am wrong.
As far as RAM goes, minimum has to be 512, with the possibility of upgrading to at least a gig later.
The rest of the stuff I think I can deal with, but just to let you know, I plan on using an m-audio soundcard, the delta 66.
The video card, well, we're still out on that one ;) .
Harddrive wise, I hope to be able to start with a 40G WD, and maybe later add another, say 80G.
2 Cdroms eventually, but not right now.
Floppy oh yes that too.
USB isnt important, but i suppose there is room for that too.
I guess a case would be nice.

Ok that about covers whats going on in my head, do you guys and gals know what the best mobo for my situation would be?

perhaps I posted this in the wrong forum...the reason I had done so here, was because mainly the suggestions I had gotten so far was an ASUS, altho being that there is a lot more than one to choose from I really dont have a clue!!!ohh yea, did I mention Im new at this? :D

Back