• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Redesigned wc'n setup *pics*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheWiz

Registered
After repositioning my rad and shortening tube length my temps have drastically dropped. Any comments or critism welcome..

IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG

Previous temps:
System: 30
cpu idle: 42
cpu load: 46

Current temps:
System: 28
cpu idle: 34
cpu load: 38

RE: room temp

Room temp is 74deg F or 24deg C

CPU is a xp1600 @ 1921mhz 1.92vcore.

Before the change I couldn't boot into windows at 2000mhz...it's now able to run stable at over 2gig, 2.1vcore

Giblet Plus! said:
Goody, I can be the first person to tell you to make a shroud or two. :)

Other than that it looks great. :cool:

Agreed! Looks really nice there. I would also suggest get a couple shrouds on there (and from what Ive read you should get another point or 2 drop in your temps).

i've noticed that all the new watercooling rigs that people put togethor don't really use the 1048.. wondering why you choose that? it has low flow.. (i should know :p) i want to switch but i don't want to pay.. lol

Aside from the shroud issue, I was wondering how the air intake is handled on the front side. It looks as if the plastic front is untouched and that case has only 80mm fan provision there... that might be restrictive (and noisy) if unaltered.

RE

Wow, thanks for all the responses...

Goody, I can be the first person to tell you to make a shroud or two

Yes...I'm not done...I have lots of "tweaks" yet to do.

i've noticed that all the new watercooling rigs that people put togethor don't really use the 1048.. wondering why you choose that?

I chose 3/8" tubing because I like the "skinny" less bulky look of it. The 1048 does a great job if you don't have a huge amount of tubing. It's also a tad smaller..which I like.

Aside from the shroud issue, I was wondering how the air intake is handled on the front side. It looks as if the plastic front is untouched and that case has only 80mm fan provision there... that might be restrictive (and noisy) if unaltered.

It's hard to see...but the rad and 2x120mm fans actually sit about 1cm away from the 80mm fan provision. Not noisy atall :)
I will however cut a 120mm (or more) hole as I get farther along.

TheWiz

Do you mind if I asked what kind of bolts you used to attach your fans to the rad? I ended up just using 3m heavy duty double stick tape to attach the fan to the back of my rad. Couldn't really figure out a solution that didn't involve huge bolts (nobody sells them). I had 120mmfan=shroud=rad//fan//case where // is tape and = is screwed.

RE

Do you mind if I asked what kind of bolts you used to attach your fans to the rad? I ended up just using 3m heavy duty double stick tape to attach the fan to the back of my rad. Couldn't really figure out a solution that didn't involve huge bolts (nobody sells them). I had 120mmfan=shroud=rad//fan//case where // is tape and = is screwed.

The bolts were purchased from my local hardware store..I can get them in any size or a "rod" of about 3 foot. Works perfect for connecting fans, shrouds etc to a heatercore.

Back