• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"safe" settings for P4PE's FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnnyTheRed

What would you consider the max FSB on an Asus P4PE, with stock cooling?

I hear anything from 133 to 165 or so, depending.

First time building system, so I'm taking it easy for now, nice and slow.

OR

Is it all just trial and error, for the most part?

Thanks

trail and error, you cant do much harm, but make sure it stays cool..... it has a big tendancy to over heat. I finally had to go to a swiftech with a ibg tornado fan on it to keep the temps to under 50c.
FSB is now at 600.

What would say a safe temperature would be for both idle and full load?

What should I try to stay under for cpu, mobo, and case temperatures?

when you say anything over 160 messes up, is that anything over 160 with stock cooling?, or anything over 160 in general tends to mess up?

I'm slowly raising it, and running Prime95 after each additional FSB raise, for at least 6hours...and each time it comes up clean, no errors, no warnings....Is that a good thing? Is Prime95 just for CPu, or CPU/Memory?

Thanks alot again!

johnnythered do some 3dmark2001se test as well, its not unusaul that a machine will complete either prime95 or 3dmark2001se and not the other.

Will do, Kingdom. Thanks for input :)

On another note, I know this is "wrong" forum, but along the same lines....is it any better or worse to run mem clock async as opposed to sync?

Back