• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JPI Performance & Dangerden

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's........gasp..........perfect!:eek: For those who don't know, the Hydor L20 has the same reliability and specs as an Eheim 1048,:)

you could do it yourself cheaper is the only advantage i could offer.other than that its top notch stuff.im not into specs on the hydor tho.

i use the DDm3 w/cp top also and its good.

according to the site the Hydor is supplied with barbs for inline use... I know I could do it cheaper, but I think this is a really neat and tidy kit, and I especially like the Clear Lexan Shroud with the Titan Alluminum fan...

nice little package, just wanted to see what everyone thought...

It's certainly a good kit, yet it can be improved upon with a TC4 waterblock and a stronger pump like the Eheim 1250...

It's a good kit and stellar performer with the right block on it.. I really like what JPI has done with creating external water cooling solutions. The Quadra v2 will be kick ***, no doubt (dual rads, Eheim 1250 or better, aluminum case, cathode, front panel switches). I was considering building an external water cooling solution but it might be worth waiting on the Quadra v2...

that kit looks good if you enjoy throwing money away...you could probably do the same thing for half the cost...with a little work.

I, too think it's a little pricey, although I highly doubt you could do it for 1/2 the price.

The OTIS kit might be a tad expensive but let's not forget that it's a ready made custom kit. Someone did put time and effort into creating something for new comers that is easy to install and performs well. If you took all the time that you spent on building your own custom solution, plus the parts etc I'll bet you will see the cost is justified. Remember, Time is Money...

zoom said:
The OTIS kit might be a tad expensive but let's not forget that it's a ready made custom kit. Someone did put time and effort into creating something for new comers that is easy to install and performs well. If you took all the time that you spent on building your own custom solution, plus the parts etc I'll bet you will see the cost is justified. Remember, Time is Money...

Sorry, but considering other products out on the market that are made out of lexan, I still cannot understand how they can justify the price of the OTIS shroud. This isn't exactly a high-tech gadget that's difficult to make or concieve of--after all, it's just a clear box with a 120mm hole cut into it. Not only that, but they charge you extra for mounting hardware? Not cool.

zoom said:

Is it just me or does this, sound like a manufacturers troll on this, ie someone made it so shut up and pay for it. I mean come on; they all but singed the post jpiperformance.

well, I appreciate the opinions guys... for me personally, I think its worth the money, and I like the looks... just wanted to see what y'all thought... im gonna pick one up for my second computer... should help out with my noise problem also...

thanks =)

it does look nice, and for a pre-assembled kit, it should perform nicely. i think you could get better performance/noise control from a kit you build your self, but for a no-fues setup it is a nice way to go.

they def have really nice stuff, but they overprice a lot of stuff. ONE 1/2" barb is like $4.75. Most places you can get a pair of them for $4.

I bought a kit from JPI cuz I hadn't really done a lot of research. I just saw the kit and fell in love with it. Now that I have had time to do some research I feel I have made a good decision as my time is worth something. JP is a stand up guy and his kit is beautimus. :D

dagamore said:

Is it just me or does this, sound like a manufacturers troll on this, ie someone made it so shut up and pay for it. I mean come on; they all but singed the post jpiperformance.

If this is a troll, who cares? I see another website out there that has some good products, and some of them at good prices. I see that they are relatively new, so I would expect them to be advertising. If this is a JPI troll, just tell us. Don't insult the intelligence of the members of this forum.

Last edited:
Back