• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aqrhine

i have made one out of a pentium 4 heatsink by boxing it up and having the two hose coming out and i have seen the ones using the bottum of pop cans and the ones with copper ends, is there one that stands out performance wise i would think that mine would because it actually flows water through the hink sink and should keep it alot cooler (in my opinion) because other wise you would have a water block on top so you would figure a waterblock / heatsink would be the best????? anyone know for sure and if so why is it better

This should be in water cooling section.... you will get better results there!

It's possible your WB is a very good one. The real question is, are you getting good temps?

If you're asking about the best commercially available waterblock, here's a quick rundown of the top performers, in what I would say is descending order of performance (many will argue this, but
this seems to be the general consensus many forum members.):
1. WhiteWater (by Cathar)
2. Evo by Logic Cooling (Made by me, you can leave this out if you feel I'm biased. Very new block, so not many user experiences yet on this forum.)
3. TC-4 by DTek (can be modified to get better temps, see dodgeviper's mod)
4. Maze3
5...many others.

It's impossible to rank all the homemade WB designs out there. I'd say if you're happy with your temps, keep your block. If not, look for an upgrade.

the evolution seems to be a pretty nice one. how much does it cost to get a miller??

You can get a milling machine for anywhere from $500-$50,000. Tooling to make a WB will cost about $200 more for cheap vice, collets, parallels, end mills, and taps.

Back