• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Via Aqua 1300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

legendary

Has anyone been running a Via Aqua 1300 unsubmerged for a long time? Any problems? I know it's designed to be submerged, but I won't be running the pump that way. I don't want to buy a pump that will fail within a couple of months...

Get a maxi if you must, but I'd suggest an Eheim 1048 or 1250.
The Via Aqua is being carried by a lot of sites for some reason, I wouldn't suggest buying it. If you do end up buying, make sure to do the superglue mod (found at www.wc101.com ). Instead of super glue use something like Marine Goop or Plumbers Goop.

I've had mine run unsubmerged for 5 days straight with nothing active cooling the water. Didn't seem to hurt it at all. I used to doubt the via aqua, but I feel the pumps are reliable, and that with the super glue mod they are comparable to more expensive pumps.

I have been using 2 of the Aqua's in my system.

One for 6 months, the other for 3 months.

Both have been very reliable but they do vibrate a bit. You can do the mod mention about to keep the vibration done. I did not but I do have them suspended. They make almost no sound in my system.

Considering the cost and size, I think they are a good value. I would also look at the Swiftech pumps. I hear they are quite good.

What do you guys think of this pump? I'm looking for a pump that has a reservoir built in to save space. You think this pump is enough to cool a cpu waterblock, northbridge block, and possibly a gpu block?

Back