• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Questions from a newbie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

!~^G*Love^~!

Registered
Hey all-

I'm moving to watercooling because it is the next logical step for me- plus I'm bored but I have a couple of questions.

I just purchased a 2100+ for newegg.com and I'm looking to oc' that thing to the T.

Here is the dilemma.

I currently have an adonized Lian Li PC60 (that I paid $$$ for) just sitting around, I was going to use it as an HTPC case just for showing but now that I'm going to watercooling I thought it would be a nice case to plop a system in. THe problem is, I've seen many posts that indicate that a heatercore will not fit in the PC60 without modification and even then you will loose at least one 5 1/4" bay. That leaves you with the BIX radiator, which isn't as strong of a performer (not as effective in dissapting large amounts of heat).

Now, do you all think that I should keep the PC60 as an HTPC box and purchase this case for watercooling instead:
http://directron.com/amx01bd.html

THoughts? Comments?

Later,
G

A BIX would be fine for HTPC usage, though a heater core would be best for your current situation...I'm pretty sure that just loosing the HDD in the Lian Li would make adequate room for the heater core, no?

I personally use a heatercore rad, but from what I have heard the BIX radiator does perform quite well. I believe its downside comes in that you can purchase a much cheaper heatercore that performs as good or better.....but not THAT much better.

=_=
((((((([[[[[[/\__/\_-=EX=-_/\__/\]]]]]])))))))) *******

Sorry, I don't know if I was clear enough i my initial post. I WAS going to use the PC 60 as a HTPC but now I'm thinking about dropping my gaming system in it (which i'm hoping to seriously overclock).

Hope that clears up any confusion there. Although penguin makes a good point, i could have a WC HTPC!

So the BIX is still a solid performer but just not ideal because of price vs performance is that what I'm gathering?

So, i could drop the BIX in the front of my PC60 and still get my 2100+ up to ~2300-2500mhz with the following (I know, very dependant on chip and rest of system bt bear with me):

TC-4
BIX
L20
1/2" clearflex

Any more thoughts here? SHould I just go with that Antec clone and have some room and better cooling capacity? I "would" then use the PC60 as an HTPC.

Back