• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much is enough

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Henry Rollins II

Im kinda thinking of going watercooling. I am about to buy a cooling system for a new system: nforce2/t-bred XP2100. I was looking at the Alpha 8045 + fan + Zalman VGA and chipset cooler. This setup already cost me $100+, so I thought I might go a bit further.

I want to cool the CPU, VGA and chipset. The VGA card is not to be o/céd.

How big of a radiator and pump do I need? there are small radiators with a single 80 mm fan, is that enough? Can a larger water tank compensate for a small radiator?

The case I have is a Lian-Li PC71(has many 80mm fan spots)

I'm not sure you can get a block for the nForce chipset. I'm pretty sure the existing chipset blocks are only for VIA (KT) based chipsets. If you look at the nForce chipset it's much bigger..

Well, if there is none now there will be one in a week or so. Cannot imagine anything else, since nforce2 mobos is _the_ thing to buy right now.

*bump*

Can anybody advise on pumps/radiators?

Back