• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thinking of watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slowmike

right now my ambient temps are 16*C, case is 25-27*C and cpu is 37*C full load. im using the hsf that is in my sig. i will likely make my wb, it will be from scrap alum. the design will be drilled into it, a sprial or a zigzag. by drilling, there will be pins but they wont be soldered in.
i have a heatercore from an 84 or 86 cavilier it is alum also.
will i be better off with a copper block with some antifreeze or alum block and no antifreeze?
how much lower will my temps be?

well i was just doing my design on a piece of wood and it dont work, so my new design is a spiral with pins soldered in the channels.
what do you think?
also whats better, have the cold water start on the core and go around to the side or go from side to side?

make the center the input, the water hitting the above die area there helps. water is way better, even 50:50 water antifreeze sucks, read the top of the hard data sticky on that.

how strong/weak are the springs for the 4 hole mounting in the w/c kits

Back