• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxi-Jet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm using the 1200 myself and I love the thing. be warned that the outlet of the pump will fit 1/2" tubing while the inlet fits 3/4" so be prepared to go to home depot to pick up a 1/2"barb x 3/4"npt male fitting, a 3/4"barb x 3/4"npt female fitting and a small segment of vinyl 3/4" tubing with a couple of clamps so that you can use 1/2" tubing...

the pump itself is gorgeous. quiet, cool, pumps like the dickens too.

maxi-jet 1200 is very nice but i would also look at the 900 considering that it puts out so little heat and still has decent flow rate

SkiFletch said:
I'm using the 1200 myself and I love the thing. be warned that the outlet of the pump will fit 1/2" tubing while the inlet fits 3/4" so be prepared to go to home depot to pick up a 1/2"barb x 3/4"npt male fitting, a 3/4"barb x 3/4"npt female fitting and a small segment of vinyl 3/4" tubing with a couple of clamps so that you can use 1/2" tubing...

the pump itself is gorgeous. quiet, cool, pumps like the dickens too.

do you have pics of that setup?

WhiteHawk said:
i am looking at either a via-aqua 1300 or a maxi-jet but i cant decide wich maxi-jet pump to get......http://www.fishgallery.com/pos/categories/107.html they are all VERY well priced so which would be the best?

I'm using the Maxi-Jet 900. I love it, can't even tell it's on. It's small, and it fits perfectly.

Here's a pic of the setup:

DSCF0015.JPG

that pic by undertow shows 1/2" tubing. you'll notice the large black fitting he has on the left side of the pump. where it meets the inlet there it fits 3/4" tubing. Undertow obviously found an interesting T connector that has the appropriate fitting on it. never seen one like that

Well I love my 1200. Got it off one of those ebay stores REAL cheap (~$20 shipped), and 3/8" tygon fits over the outlet. Just put it in a res, and you're set!!

Hi I am a total noob in these threads so if i am doing somthing by adding my question to this thread i am sorry.

Anyway i was wondering what the dimensions on the maxi-jet 1200 are because i am thinking about water cooling and am trying to figure out where to fit the pump

undertow, I see a cold plate on that maze and no peltiers, thats not too good. and that is a very interesting connecter dealy you got there, I used a 3/8npt barb and shaved most of the threads, boared the barb part out a little and jbwelded it in

WhiteHawk said:
yes thats what i thought it was....maybe he could share his insight with the rest of us?;)

It's a Prestone 1/2" heater line "T", which you can pick up at Autozone. The inner passage has been drilled out a little to allow for more flow. The bottom nipple has ben blocked off with silicone and capped with a chrome valve stem cap. The opening for the pmp was carved out (with the cap on) for a snug fit, then it was epoxied on.

Now, as much as I'd love to be creditied with the creativity for this.. the person I bought it from did it. :)

JFettig said:
undertow, I see a cold plate on that maze and no peltiers, thats not too good. and that is a very interesting connecter dealy you got there, I used a 3/8npt barb and shaved most of the threads, boared the barb part out a little and jbwelded it in

Good eye. Yes, it's on. Didn't know I should remove it. Wonder if that's why I'm not so impressed with my cooling. The layers are smothered in AS3, so it's transferring. So I should remove it? Although, I will be getting a peltier within the week..

I would remove it, except how would you install the block? it doesnt have the holes for mounting..

Back