• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via Aqua mod needs clarification, everyone please read

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkiFletch

Masked, I hate to say it, but methinks there is a slight problem with your Via Aqua mod that you need to clarify. I did the mod myself with some marine goop and ran into a problem. it is easily possible to use too large of a "dab" of adhesive as you put it to one side of the impeller area in question to make it overbalance like a washing machine in the spin cycle and screw the mod up worse. I did this myself and the pump was acutally louder than before (it had an interesting rattling noise to it that it didnt even before the mod). I fixed it by continuing my rather large initial bead of marine goop around the other half of the appropriate area of the impeller and all was fine. I just thought everyone should know that you either want to use a TINY amount of adhesive, or else use a uniform amount around the entire circumference of the gap in question so that you do not unbalance the impeller at all; a word to the wise so to speak.

Good pointer, actualy it is easier to glue the impeller at the tip.

I will post pics of this once i get a new digital camera.

Back